3rd March, 2016
FULL USAGE OF THE REVAMPED DSSP WEB APPLICATION BY ALL DRIVING SCHOOL OPERATORS
Above underlined subject refers, please.
To ensure further credibility of the National Drivers Licence (NDL), the Corps has continuously been putting in place some measures to realize this objective; and one of such measures is improving the standards of the DSSP Web Application to facilitate the operations of driving schools nationwide.
For avoidance of doubt, the Corps has:
- (a) Re-designed the old DSSP Web application to be more efficient and user friendly.
- (b) Trained and made presentations on the revamped application to all the users of the portal, namely: TSC Officers in Sector Commands, Driving School Operators and Instructors, DLC Officers, VIOs, Driving School Association members.
- (c) User Acceptance Tests (UAT) on the application were carried out after series of trainings and demonstrations to detect hitches.
- (d) Various observations reported during the series of UAT were consequently resolved with the programmers and the system is now ready for its full usage.Since the 1st of February 2016, Driving School Operators had been mandated to start entering the data of trainees into the portal, and now some have started using the application to generate certificates for their trainees.
In the light of the above, the Corps Marshal has directed as follows:
- (a) Issuance of manual certificates by driving schools which has been the Practice before now to stop forthwith.
- (b) Only the System-generated Certificates via the aforementioned portal, with url www.frscdssp.org (see attached sample of certificate) shall be accepted by Driver’s License Centres nationwide henceforth.
- (c) Driver’s License Centres to cease accepting individual certificates printed by driving school for applicants.
- (d) DLC Officers, as a matter of importance, to verify applicants’ certificates generated electronically using the following procedures:
- (i) Through the Home Page of DSSP portal: www.frscdssp.org. enter the last digits of the certificate number on the verification space and click on “verify”.
- (ii) Certificates can also be verified by sending the last digits of the Certificate Number to 33811. E.g. if a certificate no is GCDE/LG/5671/16/4105 (a) Type: DSSP space VERIFY space 4105 (b) Send it to 33811
- (iii) Furthermore, the certificates can also be verified by the Vehicle Inspection Officers (VIOs), using the above stated procedures.
Commanding Officers are hereby mandated to make this information adequately available to all driving schools in their areas of operations, without delay.
This is for your strict compliance, please.
DCM Ademola KB Lawal
Deputy Corps Marshal
Head Training, Standards and Certification
For Corps Marshal
c. DLC s